What’s a stock blend you might ask?
A stock blend is a blend of essential oils created for a specific purpose.
Say you like the smell of 3 essential oils: Sweet Orange, Lavender and Patchouli (my faves!) Instead of putting 3 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Patchouli and 5 drops of Sweet Orange into your diffuser each time (which is really over the top especially for an electric diffuser), you can choose to create a stock blend!
Creating A Stock Blend
1. Get yourself an empty 10ml bottle with an orifice reducer. Orifice reducer is the white top that allows you to slowly expel the essential oil drop by drop. It usually comes with the empty bottle.
2. Titrate the oils in! Use a pippete and depending on the smells you like, you can work out the proportions.
3. Here I like to use 2ml of Sweet Orange, 5 ml of Lavender, 3 ml of Patchouli. Gives me a great sense of calm.
4. Now that you have a 10ml bottle of Sweet Orange, Lavender, Patchouli, label it “Beautiful Smells – Stock Blend – Sweet Orange, Lavender, Patchouli”
5. Give it a gentle shake for the oils to mix up nicely.
There you have it! Your very own Stock Blend! From now onwards, everytime you think of diffusing the 3 essential oils, you just have to drop 3-5 drops of this Stock Blend you created into your diffuser! Economical and lovely!